Division Command Post moves

Share on FacebookShare on Google+Share on RedditTweet about this on TwitterShare on StumbleUpon

The Division Command Post was moved from Casablanca to the Casino in Fedala, a large, drafty wooden structure whose western windows overlooked the beaches on which the original landings had been made.  The nearby Miramar Hotel, from which the German Armistice Commission had fled on the first morning, was taken over for staff quarters.

SOURCE:  History of the Third Infantry Division in WWII

 

This entry was posted in 1942, History. Bookmark the permalink.